Wednesday, December 10, 2008

JOURNALISM

Hello Followers,

     Well, you'll be constipated to learn that this morning I came across some very sad, shocking news.  After I completed the task of drinking my morning Snapple, I rewarded myself by reading the Snapple fact under the lid.  It wasn't so much rewarding as it was devastating.  The fact read:

Pigs were banished from Philadelphia's city streets in the year 1710.

     After the initial shock I clipped my toenails.  Then I did some research to find out that this law has never been repealed.  I was appalled.  Then I was hungry.  Then I was appalled again and I wanted to do something about it.  I felt a need to tell the world how this outrageous law is still affecting many Americans today.  I sat down with my good friend, Leslie, who is a Pig-American living in New York City's Upper West Side for an interview.  (NOTE: The interview ran a little longer than expected so I took the liberty of dividing the interview into two parts.  The second part will be released here tomorrow.) 



INTERVIEW WITH LESLIE HOLGREEN - PART ONE
Cole:  Hi Leslie.
Leslie:  Hi.
C:  Are you comfortable?
L: Yes.
C:  Good
(Leslie takes a pig-like sip from her beverage mug)
C:  Is that coffee?
L:  No, Frank can't have coffee because of his heart.  We just keep tea in the house.
C:  Oh.  I didn't know he was having trouble with his heart.
L:  Well he's not now.  This was a couple years ago.  He's fine now.
C:  Oh.  Let's get started.

STAY TUNED! THE CONCLUDING HALF OF THIS INTERVIEW WILL BE POSTED TOMORROW!

Signed,
Cole

No comments: