Sunday, August 30, 2009

Miss Duvall, How May I Help You?


Shelley Duvall, one of my favorite actresses and style icons, has reportedly lost her marbles. I've read several press articles that say Shelley Duvall believes she has a portal for aliens in her backyard. Some articles even say she believes they're living inside her. Kind of sad. At least I can rest knowing she has lots of new friends! Here's a little something to remember the old Shelley Duvall by.

Ahhh! If only the aliens had picked Shelley Long instead! Alas.


In other news I'm on day two of a juice fast. I have NO idea why I'm doing it. But I've started, and I feel like I should finish what I've started. I'm doing it with another person since misery loves company. Last night was particularly miserable as images of food danced around my head and pulled at my hunger strings. Bologna sandwiches! Figs and goat cheese! Pumpkin pie! These thoughts kept me up for hours. I tweeted how hungry I was last night and AndrewAndrew (of AndrewAndrew fame) showed me the light and told me to have a hamburger and a big hunk of cheese. "Life is too short!" they told me. They're right. But I'm stubborn. And now that it's been a whole day I'm thinking, "why not?" We'll see. I've promised at least three days, with a goal of five.

I'm starting to jot down some more ideas for Joyce. I figure I ought to, before the aliens get to me too.

8 comments:

Benj said...

I have always thought that Shelley Duvall was a little... off. It almost seemed, sometimes, that the only role she was ever born to play was that of Olive Oil in Altman's Popeye. That's probably not fair, since I haven't seen too many other roles of hers. I do confess that while watching Jack Nicholson losing it in The Shining, there were times when I was rooting for him. Could you imagine marrying a woman like Miss Duvall? Okay, that sounds harsh - until you see the "making of" documentary on the DVD for The Shining.

IndySkye said...

You know, in general, both obsessive compulsive behavior and searching for aliens in the backyard are considered not to be good things. You should at least eat juicy fruits. They have some consistency and fiber and can be filling.

Jeremy said...

I am on the Kettle One and soda with a splash of cranberry diet. You and Earl should try it. At the end of the day you forget what you've eaten so you don't feel guilty about it. 'Cause you don't remember (incidentally, I'm on the diet right now, if you hadn't guessed).

Anonymous said...

i know its liquid but can you have watermelon i know everytime i have it im full afterward....

Barry G. Wick said...

Perhaps Shelly Duvall did too many juice fasts.

PonyBoyTodd said...

I LOVE the dramatic lighting on the Aliens. It brings to mind images of old 50's movies or how I imagine the lighting is on Faye Dunaway like all the time. HA! Creepy little bastards. Why do they get all the good lighting?

P.s. I've always loved Shelly Duvall, even as Ms. Fink in My Teacher Ate My Homework.

PonyBoyTodd said...

I LOVE the dramatic lighting on the Aliens. It brings to mind images of old 50's movies or how I imagine the lighting is on Faye Dunaway like all the time. HA! Creepy little bastards. Why do they get all the good lighting?

P.s. I've always loved Shelly Duvall, even as Ms. Fink in My Teacher Ate My Homework.

Jonathan said...

The "word verification" word for this comment is "reagal", which is totally what you are Mr. Escola: a misspelled word that means "queen like".

I too am a big fan of Miss Duvall. My childhood was filled with rewatching Popeye and some childhood TV show with her, the name of which escapes me. And of course she was great in The Shining. So props on shinning your spotlight on her, even though the news is more tragic than anything else.

And thanks for the laughs. If you are ever in Shanghai look me up. XOXO