Friday, August 14, 2009

Someday I'll be strong like Jane Wyman

I saw Julie & Julia the other day. It was glorious to watch Meryl have so much fun giving that performance. I couldn't help noticing the parallel of Meryl teaching Amy Adams the joy of acting as Julie learned the joy of cooking from Julia. Not a difficult parallel to notice if you happen to be a pansy (like me).

I was so inspired by the film that last night I made dinner. It was a variation on macaroni with hot dogs cut up in it. It was white cheddar macaroni and instead of milk, I used yogurt to give it a li'l extra tang (that's a suggestion on the box, a suggestion well worth taking). And instead of hotdogs I used Chicken sausage with Bell Peppers and Asiago. With it I served sweet potato fries (which I burned) and steamed kale.

This weekend I plan to watch Pollyanna. I watch it every summer. It's about Hayleigh Mills moving in with Jane Wyman and making her not such a bitch. I'm summarizing, but it's one of my favorite movies. Agnes Moorhead gives a stellar performance as an old bitch too. Speaking of Bewitched guest stars...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALICE GHOSTLEY! Though she's not with us in body, she's alive and well on YouTube. This is a clip from Designing Women. I think this is where Liza got her schtick.

2 comments:

PeaceLove&TK said...

i loved the little clip @ the end lol. And cant wait to go and see Julie and Julia...

mf said...

that is one my FAVE designing woman moments and there are many :)